39 Westland Row, Dublin 2
English Russian Polish

Legal Services » Family & Personal Law » Wards of Court

If a person is unable to manage his/her assets due to mental incapacity, an application can be made to the Courts to have him/her made a Ward of Court. The Judge will then make a decision whether the person is in fact capable of managing his/her own property. If the Judge decides the person is not capable, the person is taken into wardship and a Committee is appointed. The purpose of the Committee is to control the Ward's property and make decisions in relation to same on behalf of the Ward.

A person under 18 years may, where necessary, also be taken into Wardship as a minor.

E-mail LinkedIn